AutoVino Brings World-Class Automobiles to Connoisseurs’ Marketplace
1969 Jaguar XKE
*Please note this information is from the 2012 event. Please return 3-4 weeks prior to the event when we post information for the 2013 event.
Fans of rare, world-class automobiles will be thrilled to hear that the AutoVino Collector Car Showcase returns to Connoisseurs’ Marketplace, Menlo Park‘s annual festival of the arts, July 20-21 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Santa Cruz Avenue.
Festivalgoers are in for a real treat, as they will be able to view gorgeous collector cars from various decades.
“We’ll be showing a wide range of cars stored at AutoVino,” said Buff Giurlani, owner of Menlo Park-based AutoVino. “This is a perfect opportunity for us to share these collector cars with the community.”
1957 Citroen Delivery Van
1969 Pontiac Firebird
1957 Chevrolet Bel Air
1969 Camaro SS
Among the prized possessions on display:
- 1957 Citroen Delivery Van — the bulldog-faced, multi-talented H-van was manufactured by Citroen from 1947 to 1981. It served a thousand and one commercial uses and is as recognizable a French icon as the Eiffell Tower.
- 1969 Pontiac Firebird — the prototype powerful American Muscle Car. The driver can experience a exhilarating ride with the top down and wind blowing thrills.
- 1969 Jaguar XKE — considered "the most beautiful of cars of the day", it’s long body and sleek appearance gave it a smooth elegant drive.
- 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air — the first of the American Muscle Cars, it was the ultimate cruising car of its day, enjoyed by families, early NASCAR drivers and was later used in many a Demolition Derby due to its rugged construction.
- 1969 Camaro SS — another rare, iconic Muscle Car known for super-fast acceleration, a durable engine and lines that perfectly captured pure, macho the Muscle Car design and style.
The AutoVino facility can store up to 65 cars and about 6,000 cases of wine. It is located at 205 Constitution Drive in Menlo Park. The facility also is the new home of Woodside Vineyards, which was the 120th winery established in California. Today, there are 3,000-plus wineries in California.
“AutoVino is a place for people who enjoy fine wine, collector cars and cigars to be able to sit back, relax and share their passions,” said Giurlani.
“We make wine and take care of 26 local vineyards in Woodside and Portola Valley,” Giurlani noted. “Wine, cigars and cars are my passions.”
“Connoisseurs’ Marketplace is going to be a wonderful day for people of all ages and we’re delighted to be a part of the festivities,” said Giurlani.
For information on AutoVino, A Preserve for Fine Cars and Wine, visit http://www.auto-vino.org.